ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yorugua
Forum MemberPosts: 71Gear list
Like?
Linux Distro for photographers.
Oct 31, 2012

Hello

Saw this over at reddit, and thought to share it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/aperturelinux/

Description

Aperture Linux is a 64 bit Linux operating system for photographers based on openSUSE.
Features
Aperture Linux operating system is free and includes many popular and feature-rich applications for photography in mind.
RAW File editors such as Darktable, RawTherapee, Rawstudio, DigiKam and more are included and ready for use after installation.
The GIMP image editor is also included with some of the most advanced plugins available on Linux.
We have also bundled a few multimedia applications, an advanced video editor and the LibreOffice package a feature rich office package which are compatible with most of the Microsoft Office formats.

I'm using regular openSuSE on most of my PC (have a windows partition for stubborn things that insists on being flashed using windows programs), and Darktable seems to import my A65 RAW fine. I was using AfterShot on Linux most of the time.

yorugua's gear list:yorugua's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W320 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +2 more
Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow