D7000 w/wireless remote does not focus prior to release

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Scorpio_2005
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Well, it is getting really confusing now
In reply to Mako2011, Oct 31, 2012

Yes, the manual on page 82 claims:

"The camera will not adjust focus in remote mirror-up mode or when continuous-servo
autofocus is selected; note however that if any autofocus mode is selected, you can focus by
pressing the camera shutter-release button halfway before shooting (pressing the button all
the way down will not release the shutter). If auto- or single-servo autofocus is selected or
the camera is in live view in delayed or quick-response remote mode, the camera will
automatically adjust focus before shooting"

If I decode this mess into a plain simple English, it might mean that in AF-A and AF-S modes the camera will autofocus, but not in the selected AF-C mode. Correct? But today while testing I **was** using AF-C with 9 points, and the focus worked with my remote! OK, I will retest carefully in the evening when I get back home.

-- hide signature --

'For an idea that does not at first seem insane, there is no hope.' -- Albert Einstein

Scorpio_2005's gear list:Scorpio_2005's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow