Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bobzilla2
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Adobe alternatives?
Oct 31, 2012

I have previously had access to a copy of photoshop, but I no longer have that privilege.  I will struggle to justify £400 to the Mrs for photo editing for a hobby.  So what alternatives do I have?  I always shoot raw to give maximum flexibility on editing.

Bridge - I really like the file management of Bridge - all in one viewing full screen of files, scan through them quickly, instant reject, file management, everything there in one place.

Layers - being able to edit photos but not change the underlying picture, just adding an adjustment filter to it that I can get rid of if I screw it up.

Anything else I am not sure that I really need or would use.  I generally use the hue/saturation/levels/curves type tools, and not the touch up tools.  As I said, I'm an amateur, not a pro, and I don't have time to go for long training sessions on how to use said software to its full advantage (hence not liking the £400 price tag if I can avoid it, legitimately).

Suggestions?  Thanks.

Bobzilla2's gear list:Bobzilla2's gear list
Nikon D60 Nikon D300 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow