OVF vs EVF? Does EVF freeze with manual lens?

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Den Sh
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
OVF vs EVF? Does EVF freeze with manual lens?
Oct 31, 2012

Hello,

I have quite a few questions about viewfinders in X-Pro1 and X-E1:

- How much do you, X-Pro1 owners, use OVF vs EVF?

- What about usage with manual lens? I've seen the technique to compose in OVF and then instantly zoom in EVF to focus and back to OVF after the shot is taken. Does OVF help a lot or will experience be just fine without it?  Does EVF freeze with manual lens before the shot similarly to the noticeable freezes with fuji's auto-focusing lens?

- Is there any differences between auto-focus freezing in X-E1 vs X-Pro1? Does X-E1 cope with it better?

- Is there any difference in visible size (e.g. magnification) of X-Pro1's vs X-E1's viewfinders? Does X-E1's look bigger?

I've used X-Pro1 for a little bit in the shop but X-E1 is only available through pre-orders. It seems like X-E1 will be a much more practical camera and better value for the money but I'm really concerned with freezing issues and EVF lag. If OVF really solves both of this problems i would rather cash out for X-Pro1.

Thanks for feedback,

Den

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow