Workflow and software recomendatios for aspiring pro please.

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Questions thread
Johanfoto
Senior MemberPosts: 2,901
Like?
Re: Workflow and software recomendatios for aspiring pro please.
In reply to noirdesir, Oct 31, 2012

noirdesir wrote:

Johanfoto wrote:

noirdesir wrote:

The only metadata that cannot be exported is the rating as it is not part of any agree standard on image metadata. But if need be, one can simply create smart albums for each of the five (or six if you count reject) ratings, and then batch apply a keyword like 'one_star' and so on.

Actually, rating can and will be exported because it is a standard. If you export a five star image from Aperture and you open it in Adobe Bridge, your five stars are still there.

That must be relatively new because I have heard time and again that ratings are not exported because they are not part of the IPTC metadata.

It's not part of the IPTC metadata, but Aperture embeds more than just the the IPTC metadata. If you added a color label to the image, that also exports and is recognized by Bridge, because it's in the file metadata (just like you labelled the file in the Finder). I'm not sure where in the metadata the ratings are stored, but they do get exported (and I think that is not so new) and they do get recognized by most other imaging software, at least by Bridge and Photoshop. Even if you export the original with a sidecar file, the ratings and color labels are exported.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow