Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
glanzrabe
Regular MemberPosts: 160
Like?
Pana GH3 and EVF
Oct 31, 2012

I had the chance to handle the GH3 last weekend. Nearly all of that I hoped for was right, very good handling over all. It was a preproduction model without finished firmware. The rep said the hardware is the final.

Looking through the EVF I was very disappointed, and I mean very..

For now I own the G5 ( after the OM-D for a short time.. ) and the EVF is ok, I can look through and see all of the frame even with my glasses on. It´s sharp up to the edges like the one in the OM-D.

I expected the EVF of the GH3 to be much better, but it isn´t. Maybe the contrast is better, but the egdes are not clear like with the G5, especially when looking with glasses.

At Luminous Landscape they reviewed the Fuji X-E1. In this review they said the following:

" Note: I originally said that the Oly and Pany EVF was "superior". I still think the OM-D one is, but having played with the GH-3 yesterday, it appears they are not the same finder. In particular, I found the GH-3's EVF very directional. Unless my glasses and eyeball were dead-centre to the eye-piece, one side of the image looked curved and blurred. I've not experienced that with an EVF before. Since I just had a few minutes with a pre-production model, I would not draw any firm conclusions about this other than to say that potentil users simply have to try EVF cameras for themselves to know if they like the look and feel of any given model, irrespective of their specs on paper.]

I really hope the rep was wrong and the EVF isn´t the final status. Otherwise it will be the deal breaker at least for me...

bert

Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow