Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kesha
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,955Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax K01 for 350
In reply to DS21, Oct 31, 2012

DS21 wrote:

howellls wrote:

Tristate photo has offered me a Pentax K01 body for 350 on Ebay. Does this sound possible? Since it is ebay and paypal, is it worth the risk? I have sent 2 emails questioning if these bodies are usa stock with usa warrentees. ANy info is appreciated,

I asked the Pentax representative at the Photoplus show what do they think about these $350 deals on ebay, and he was very skeptical about it, almost certain they are grey market cameras and may have problems with warranty repair if needed (I don't know the details about Pentax warranty procedure, so I can't comment on that). He also said K-01 will be offered for $450 with XS40 lens starting November 1, pretty good deal if you ask me (in that case not worth the risk to get the body only for $350 from ebay). K-01 will be also offered through Groupon in a couple of weeks time, for even less. Again, just heard from the rep on the show, not official information.

If K-01+XS40 is $450, then the body only for $350 is very possible.
For me, I will better buy K01+XS40 for $450, then sell the lens for $150, you got the body $300 only.

-- hide signature --

-- Rusma
my multiply : http://kesha.multiply.com

Kesha's gear list:Kesha's gear list
Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow