Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gomez Garcia Gonzalez
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Re: New to the world of NEX...
In reply to Jefenator, Oct 31, 2012

Jefenator wrote:

Welcome!

My constructive criticism would be that the compositions could be stronger. It's very subjective and tricky to explain and I'm not a big fan of rules. But it seems to me like all the frames have a certain amount of dead space that just kind of sits there. Ideally I like my backgrounds to interact a bit with, but not distract from the subject.

Next time you're in Lightroom, maybe hit the "R" key and try doing a bit of cropping. I used to be very purist about printing the full frame - thought of cropping as a cop-out. That approach can certainly be good exercise, but nowadays, if I can pull a 5-star print-worthy scene from a 3-star full frame, I don't hesitate.

HTH - keep shootin'!

He he. I agree with everything you say, but when I got to your example I prefered the full frame! We all look for different things in images I suppose.

Gomez Garcia Gonzalez's gear list:Gomez Garcia Gonzalez's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow