Alejandro Daz del Ro Fery
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,722
Like?
Re: Narrowing down on D800
In reply to rk-d, Oct 31, 2012

rk-d wrote:

Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback - much appreciated.

The D800 seems the best fit for my usage - it has the right mix of price, performance & quality.

The 5D Mark 3 is overpriced for what it is, so is the 24-70mm Canon lens - that kind of rules them out when compared to the D800/24-70 Nikkor combination.

I can't really justify buying the D4 or 1DX - although would love to own either.

Regards

Dibyendu

Congratulations, so successful decision in my opinion.

I've been running through a lot of bodies lately - thought I was committed to the d800, until I tried the 5D3. Put them through their paces and decided to keep the 5D3 and return the d800. I won't bore you with the specifics, unless you are interested, but suffice it to say I found the 5D3 superior in a number of different aspects. The d800 is a great camera, without question, but it's very different from the 5D3. Both cameras have their respective strengths that favor different styles of shooting, IMO. If you can try them out before hand, it would be worth doing so. I do agree re: the cost of the 24-70II. I used to own the 24-70 I and it was a phenomenal piece of glass - I understand that the II is even better. The intro price of the 5D3 was too high, but at <$3k, it's now priced where it needs to be.

Dibyendu has made a right decision ... No more bets ... Rien ne va plus ... Alea jacta est ... The D800 also became cheaper.

-- hide signature --

Regards.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D800New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow