Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
desvejk
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
NEX-6 a complete outfit
Oct 31, 2012

I've just pre ordered a NEX-6 + 16-50mm + 55-210mm set.

I'm quite excited about this because it's over 30 years since I had a quality system - a Rollei SL35 and a 200mm Zeiss lens.

Rollei SL35

Over the last few years I've been travelling with a Canon G11 and produced some commendable results.

I'd appreciate some comments on my photo essay on the "ghost town" of Hammond in South Australia last september. The G11 is quite a good unit.

However using the G11 in manual mode is a challenge indeed. The zoom is also too short.

So I have high expectations of the NEX-6, especially it's weight, quality and electronic viewfinder.

To build a complete system what else do I need?

Lenses are obvious.

My thinking is to not buy any immediately, especially since it's a long time since I had used interchangeable lenses and the two kit lenses should get me started.

Maybe others can challenge this thinking. I'm open to suggestions.

I'm also thinking about batteries and chargers, tripod, remote, filters - what other gear do I need?

I have an aversion to taking lots of things along with me - I've always enjoyed compact cameras. But I realise some things can be almost essential.

I've taken the 32GB memory card from the G11 - will this be OK for the NEX-6? Should I buy another?

Are there any good learning sites or books?

I have a MacBook Pro, I just purchased Aperture and I also have an iPad.

Cheers,

Des

desvejk's gear list:desvejk's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Sony Alpha NEX-6
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow