which NEX camera for travelling?

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
lakemcd
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
Re: which NEX camera for travelling?
In reply to 3t3P, Oct 31, 2012

I have a Lumix tz3 that I took to Ireland 5 years ago and enjoyed it for it's compactness and versatility. This summer I took the 5N with 18-55 to Peru and came home with some amazing images. It to is a fairly easy to carry combo and because of the anticipated conditions I did not want to be bogged down with changing lenses from my selection of primes. My wife however took her Oly EPL2 with kit and the equivalent to the 55-210. She had the longer zoom on a majority of the time and though as expected her images were a bit different to mine, but stellar none the less as that focal length allowed her to create images I couldn't. I was not just a matter of shall we say not using the zoom that was my own two feet but the "compacting of depth that only a telephoto can yield.

My vote would be to get whatever body you feel comfortable with and the 16-50 and 50-210.

By the way I'm not much into flash photography and even though I had the flash with me I didn't use it during the month we were in Peru

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow