Revisiting Sports-Shooters and EVF. A99 now in hand.

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sol
Sol
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,400
Like?
Revisiting Sports-Shooters and EVF. A99 now in hand.
Oct 30, 2012

Hi All!

Well, I have the A99 in hand. I now need to talk to a few of the EVF sports shooter veterans, . . . again.  

So, Nordstjernen, EvilOne, garykohs, and some of the others that replied to my last 'Sports/EVF' thread, if you could possibly revisit this with me, I really could use some real-world, EVF-sports suggestions here. FYI, i did read through my last thread to catch up on the advice offered there. Now that I have the A99 in hand I need to get the most out of it in a short period of time. This is a trial-run. Depending how the next week goes, I will keep it or return it. So I need tips, tricks, settings, etc. what ever will feet me up to speed quicker. FTR, I shoot with two A900 bodies and 300 2.8 G, and the 70-200 G for most of my sports work. And I will be shooting HS football this Friday evening.

In my initial playing around with and getting familiar with what the A99 has to offer, I can easily say, this camera has a LOT to offer. I do love all the Info available in the viewfinder. It a real pleasure to shoot with, in that aspect. But I knew I would like that. What I don't like initially, (OK, I pretty much hate it) is the smearing/ blurring effect that happens any time you move the camera, when looking through the viewfinder. Not trying to start another debate here, I just don't like it, period. Not pleasant shooting g experience in that regard. I do have a huge A-mount lens investment, and really want to like the A99. Hoping I can get some EVF veterans suggestion that will help me get use to it, and over it's inherent hurdles in a very short time.

Thanks in advance for any input you can offer.

-- hide signature --

Sol
http://SolarviewPhotography.com/
'There would be so many more happy digital photographers in the world,
if the 100% zoom button on their computers, was permanently disabled.'
. . . . where is my 100% Lupe, anyways ??' -Sol

Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Sol,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow