Help! EOS 5d MK2 problem, software or monitor? or just me?!

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mjones78
Forum MemberPosts: 92
Like?
Help! EOS 5d MK2 problem, software or monitor? or just me?!
Oct 30, 2012

Hi i have an EOS 5d mk2 and when i use Adobe Camera Raw (6.0, 6.7 & 7.2) i get dreadful results when adjusting hte "blacks" slider. WIth ACR 6.0 & 6.7 the default Black setting is 5 but unless i bring it down to 0 the shadow areas look awful. its hard to describe but the darkest parts of the image appear severely posterized and take on a deep red colour. Il try and attach a couple of shots for others to look at on here. I thought it may have been an issue with my monitor/profile but using the eye dropper tool in photoshop/acr i can see the shadow colours are way off into the red when i use the blacks slider above 0. its as though everything stays the same except the very darkest area goes a blotchy black and the area around it thats not quite black becomes a banded red effect. has anyone experienced this? Is it normal?

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow