Game Changing Video Camera on Oct 30th?

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Joseph S Wisniewski
Forum ProPosts: 33,939Gear list
Like?
Since you dodged the questions before...
In reply to KingDon, Oct 30, 2012

KingDon wrote:

http://www.eoshd.com/content/9148/sony-drop-a-bombshell-with-4k-raw-180fps-and-global-shutter-here-are-the-sony-f5-and-f55

Odd...

You asked the question

• Would these new video cameras coming cheaper and cheaper finally put an end to DSLR video, especially for pro use?

And I answered

• No. DSLR video gets people into the game for $600 (APS) and $2,000 (FF). Two cameras, two laptops, some NAS, some steadies, a cart, sound gear, and a used van for $15K...

But you ignored that answer, and posted two more sets of links that you apparently didn't read through, or possibly, didn't understand, because they also give you the very same answer that I did.

So, let's put this to bed, shall we?

A pair of APS (that's what "Super 35" means, incidentally) cine cameras at $15K and $25K do not "put an end to DSLR video" at literally 1/40 to 1/20 the cost, $400-1200.

And, I'd like to repeat this question.

• What is with anti-video rants, anyway? "Finally put an end" to what? Why?
-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008. Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed. Ciao! Joseph www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 +42 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow