Thinking of the D600... but a few things to consider - advice welcome!

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cathy1973
Contributing MemberPosts: 603Gear list
Like?
Thinking of the D600... but a few things to consider - advice welcome!
Oct 30, 2012

I'm dying to buy a D600.  I was thinking of waiting until next year though and then just getting the body only.  But now?  I saw the D600 bundle at Costco and it's making me want it NOW.  LOL...

So the bundle is $2989.99 and comes with:

• Nikon D600 Full Frame DSLR Camera Body
  • 24-85mm VR Lens
  • 70-300mm VR Lens
  • WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter
  • Nikon Case
  • 16GB SD Card
, and I have the Nikon 50 f1.8 lens, both of which will work with the D600.  Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM AF Standard Zoom LensI already own a D7000 and bought a
So here's my question - Is it worth the  $900 (basically the body is $2096 on amazon or so) for those 2 lenses and the wifi adapter?  I've never tried a VR lens on a Nikon.  I used  Olympus before and it had the VR built into the body, but then with the D7000 I tried to learn to work without it.   Is the Nikon 24-85mm lens (at oh say f5.6) better than my sigma (for quality of picture - obviously not aperture ability)?    I do want a telephoto lens so is this 70-300 the best for the money?  I won't be able to spend $1000+ on another lens if I bought this camera... lol...   I don't do telephoto that often so that's not a HUGE deal for me.  Actually i won't be able to buy ANYTHING for a year or two after this purchase... hehehehe.. my husband would kill me.
Last question - probably my most important one - is will Photoshop CS5 process the raw files from the D600?    When I bought my D7000 I ended up having to upgrade versions of photoshop in order to read my files and I don't want to get stuck like that again.  

Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --
 Cathy1973's gear list:Cathy1973's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM +1 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow