Thinking to buy a used Olympus E-M5, but warranty.....??

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ahson
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Re: Thinking to buy a used Olympus E-M5, but warranty.....??
In reply to Guy Parsons, Oct 30, 2012

Guy Parsons wrote:

ahson wrote:

Hi there, I am thinking to pick up a good deal of a lightly used E-M5 from Craigslist but worrying about the warranty issue. The seller has mentioned that the original receipt will be provided as well but his name is on the receipt. Though, he hasn't register the camera yet with Olympus. If I purchase this from him and register my name with Olympus, will I still get the worldwide warranty? The catch is his name is on the original receipt.

You need to find your local Olympus warranty rules and interpret them - if in doubt email them about the situation.

Aussie rules look like this http://www.olympus.com.au/Support/Repairs---Warranty/Warranty.aspx and note that they talk about the Australian warranty and appear to disregard any Worldwide Warranty. The rules will be very country dependent as often it is an agent and not Olympus doing the importing and selling.

A quick read and I can't find any reference to having to be the original purchaser, but always check with Olympus first.

Regards...... Guy

Thanks for your response. Glad I called them to check (just now) and they said the warranty is based on the original receipt, which it has the seller's name on it unfortunately. Too bad I miss a great deal  but warranty does come in handy when it's needed!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow