amd
amd
Forum MemberPosts: 97Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II - Specific query
In reply to arathi2, Oct 30, 2012

arathi2 wrote:

Hi,

I'm a wedding shooter in India and currently use a Canon 5d Mark III + Sigma 85 1.4 and a Canon 24-70 2.8 Mark I. I rent another 5d Mark III for assignments and shoot with a double strap.

I'm wanting to expand the focal range my kit covers with two major consideration (1) Weight and (2) Price (duh! :D)
My assignments usually call for 7-9 hours of shooting in a day (with both cameras on the strap all the time). 90% of my work happens in the 24-150 focal length.
Please comment on how 70-200 IS II would fit my requirement. Should I rather go in for a Canon 135 f/2 or a Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Marco?

Many thanks to everyone who is taking their time out to reply.

Regards,

Anand

I perceive the 70-200 too heavy and intrusive (attracts attention). I do like the 100L IS and the 200L II for portraits. Both are black, light and have phantastic optics. The 135 f/2 seems to be an all time favourite. Planning to get one too...

You may find this canon master class video inspiring, even if it may not meet your shooting style:

http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/education/masterclass/shooting_weddings.do

amd's gear list:amd's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow