Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bill hansen
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,063
Like?
Which Backup Programs (again - sorry)
Oct 30, 2012

Cross posting from the Open forum, at the suggestion of some members of that forum:

I don't want to start another food fight over whether RAID backups are the ideal, whether DVDs are useful, and so forth.

But I do want to know what backup programs people use. My reason: I've had to replace my older laptop computer with a new one, using Win 7 Home Premium. I find that the backup program I've used for several years, Handybackup, won't do backups on this new machine. I've tried another program, Acronis True Image, which is used by several people on my Windows 7 e-group. It does backups of text well enough, but this morning I discovered that it has not backed up any of the images (JPEGs and videos) on the laptop. Obviously this is unacceptable. I've contacted the support group of Handybackup, without any useful help. I will try to contact them by phone, and I'll try to contact support of Acronis as well.

But - what backup program(s) do the rest of you use?

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow