Tamron 24-70 vs. Nikon 24-70...Worth the price difference?

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
chipmaster
Contributing MemberPosts: 599Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron 24-70 vs. Nikon 24-70...Worth the price difference?
In reply to Rick77, Oct 30, 2012

BMW or high end toyota/honda sedan debate here...

I have the nikon 24-70, it is far superior to the older Tamron 28-75. From what I read the newer tamron is equal to better at the shorter focal lengths but weaker at the long end and you got VC too.

I have never hesitated from second party lenses so if I was starting out I'd get the Tamron. This much I know, I can flip my 24-70 Nikon for what I paid ( bought used ) or for minimum discount from new if I bought new. Tamron if you wait I will wager you can get it for huge discount, or if you buy new be ready if you want to sell for a larger loss, it simply won't hold its value like the nikkor of that matters.  My first round was to seak "value"  these days my definition of value has changed.

For me its simply a value decision, the 600 dollars isn't like I won't eat, pay heat or anything so these days I just buy the BMW so to speak, I like the golden lettering

Or put it another why are you upgrading the body at all, 99% of us don't need that upgrade..

chipmaster's gear list:chipmaster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow