What should I know before buying a D600? Sensor dust problems?

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nico-foto
Regular MemberPosts: 165
Like?
What should I know before buying a D600? Sensor dust problems?
Oct 30, 2012

I'm ready to jump into Nikon land buying a D600. But a fellow photographer just called my attention into sensor dust issues that have been recently reported. See:

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/10/22/the-nikon-d600-has-sensor-dust-issues/

I would be buying the camera in an upcoming trip to the US. So, after I come back to my home country, I will not be able to take it back to the seller, or even deal with warranty if any issues arise. I've bought several cameras over the years like this without any issues, but this problem seems to be serious enough, and seems to be affecting even current cameras.

So, my question to you guys would be...How real or widespread is this issue? What would you recommend? If I bought the camera on a real shop instead of off the internet where I could actually test the camera and see if the spots are there, would that be good enough, or is it possible that even if the camera looks good on the first few shots, the problem might develop in the future?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/nicolasraddatz
www.nico-foto.com

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow