Pentax K-30 review posted

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
math guy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,307Gear list
Like?
why does the score matter?
In reply to Class A, Oct 30, 2012

Class A wrote:

Looking at the 78% of the K-30 makes one think the camera is lacking, whereas one could easily argue that it is over-specced for its class.

I understand what you're saying, but it seems to me that some folks are overly concerned about that score. Anybody looking for a camera should know what features they want. If, after reading the review, they determine that the camera measures up well in the areas they want, why should they care about the overall score? Especially given the fact that the reviewer himself pointed out in the conclusion that most of the cons were related to video and that if video wasn't a concern then this is a very good camera. I really wouldn't expect a reasoning person to conclude, "Gee, this camera does everything I want it to do, but I just can't buy a camera that only scored 78%."

-- hide signature --

-- Joe S.
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/josephschmitt

math guy's gear list:math guy's gear list
Pentax K-x Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow