Final landscapes from Vermont

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Arledge
Regular MemberPosts: 357Gear list
Like?
Re: Final landscapes from Vermont
In reply to mur_phy, Oct 30, 2012

mur_phy wrote:

Nice images Mike. I agree with the other comments about waterfalls so often photographed with much too slow a shutter speed. Water has movement and needs to show that and you have captured it well. My only comment o/w would be about image #3 and the rock in the foreground. I can understand not wishing to leave it a mainly a black blob due to the backlight of the overall image but having made it so much lighter with so much more detail than other parts of the scene, the eye goes to this large amount of spatial imagery before getting to the waterfall. Perhaps before you print you might consider trying to tone down this area and even perhaps adding some blur to it so the eye does not come to this area first when viewing the overall image. Just a thought for your consideration.

I will have to think on that.  I thought it kind balanced the darkness of the left side of the image, but I can see it might distract.  I think I will have to see it in print before I decide.  Luckily all of these are saved in PSD file format, so I won't have to re-tinker too much.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Creyr Glas Lightworks

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm XF1 Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 II Canon EOS 70D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow