how close does video on GX1 get to dslr territory?

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thetrystero
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
how close does video on GX1 get to dslr territory?
Oct 30, 2012

I'm currently considering buying the GX1 for some YouTube unboxing/review videos, family holiday photos etc. I also like shooting at night, both photo and video. My previous experiences were with the sd700 and phone cameras.

i was wondering how close the video quality on a GX1 would approach an entry-level dslr like the 650d?

i tried taking a few videos on the GX1 at the store, but it was hard to tell on the low res lcd how good it was.

would I get vastly higher quality video for round about a AUD150 more on the 650d+18-55 kit? (discounting size, of course, which is quite a biggie for me) i just saw the 650d review on digitalrevtv and the video was of a quality that i would be very happy with, but if the GX1 can get me something close, I do like the portability on it. Plus I can get a larger aperture lens with the money saved.
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow