X-E1 focus speed vs older DSLRs (Nikon D80 user)

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
suvi
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
X-E1 focus speed vs older DSLRs (Nikon D80 user)
Oct 30, 2012

Hello and thanks everybody for all the info on this very informative forum.

Since 2007 I'm using Nikon D80 and for last 2,5 years I'm using 35mm 1.8G lens for 95% of time.  The rest of shots I've done with 85mm 1.8D and mainly just because I have it. So I know that for start I would be very satisfied with X-E1 + 35mm 1.4 lens.

As title says I'm interested in X-E1 focus speed compared to older DSLRs. I would appreciate experience from ex Nikon D80 users, but all info is welcomed.

Beside Nikon D80 I experienced focus speed on Nikon D300 + 70-200 2.8G and I know that it is much faster than D80.

There has been lot of talk about X-E1 focus speed, but I hope it's just matter of our experience, expectations, and benchmarks to which we compare.

If the focus speed is anywhere near my current setup (Nikon D80 + 35mm 1.8), that's something I can live with. Also I need to say that I have no chance to try the camera.

Thanks.

suvi's gear list:suvi's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D300 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow