Fuji XF1 - Bokeh examples

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mark Prince
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XF1 - Bokeh examples
In reply to evoprox, Oct 30, 2012

evoprox wrote:

Mark, I'm not trying to offend you, but the bokeh from those first two images appears rather 'nervous' or 'harsh' to me. Let me take the oportunity to compare it to a shot from the X10, at almost the same focal length, slightly stopped down, juuust for comparisons sake

If I may add, the bokeh from that shot looks creamier, the way I personally prefer it. I could add more examples if necessary.

Hi Evoprox!

No offense taken at all. I wasn't trying to get any bokeh shots yesterday, I noticed that particular cluster and figured I'd post it as a "out in the wild" photo. If I have time Tuesday, I'll try to set up some specific bokeh shots with this camera and its lens.

Which is the other point I wanted to make - the X10 and the XF1 have different lenses, and I'm guessing the X10 has a better lens based on the specs and everything (white orbs aside).

Plus, I'm speculating on something here - I wonder if shooting at M (6mp) mode is somehow changing the bokeh and how it looks? I should try a few test shots tomorrow - stage some good bokeh reproduction, then shoot it in 12mp mode and 6mp mode and see what happens. I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I wonder if the act of skipping (or not fully using) every other pixel on the sensor affects this.

Mark

-- hide signature --

Mark Prince, CoffeeGeek.com
Photos: flickr.com/coffeegeek
Twitter: twitter.com/coffeegeek

Mark Prince's gear list:Mark Prince's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus PEN E-PL1 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow