How do I clean up the background on this still life please?

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davidevans1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,049
Like?
How do I clean up the background on this still life please?
Oct 30, 2012

This shot has been processed in LR4 but I think the background needs cleaning up and possibly defocusing or something. Any suggestions welcome. The photograph was taken in a very carefully converted old chapel in rural Wales, so I'd really like it to retain that ambience in the finished shot (not converted to a modern background). I can't remember what the background finish is now. It almost looks like woodchip paper but that's unlikely and I think it's probably a whitewash finish.

I have either LR4 or Photoshop CS6 to do this with - please could someone give me step by step instructions on what to do.

My way round LR is improving (I think!) but knowledge of CS6 is still woeful and frustrating. I suspect this probably requires using layers and masks, and I am still completely lost with this, despite having followed through some examples in books etc. There are so many times I wish I could use layers!

Anyway any help really appreciated. Thanks

-- hide signature --

David

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow