Pentax K-30 review posted

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,691Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax K-30 review posted
In reply to Lars Rehm, Oct 30, 2012

Lars Rehm wrote:

Looking at the 78% of the K-30 makes one think the camera is lacking, whereas one could easily argue that it is over-specced for its class.

Thanks for your suggestions. Our scoring system has been discussed to death here, so I won't get into that again but I'd like to say that the 78% score is actually very good for a camera in this class. I f you look into our database you'll see that this is higher than the Nikon D5100 (76%) and Canon EOS 650D (77%), and the same as the Sony SLT-A65.

Did the Sony get appropriately marked down for not having a mirror?, As by  your own marking rules its lacking, every other dslr in its class has it so it is the "standard"

Seriously though what is the difference re video and mirror missing ? both are a con to anyone wanting them ?

I think to avoid confusion you need to define some basic requirement for a camera at each price point and measure against them, mention additions/deletions but don't score against them until the're in the basic requirement.

-- hide signature --

Lars Rehm, dpreview.com

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow