Scenic Areas Of Arizona & New Mexico In November?

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
PIX SHOOTER
Senior MemberPosts: 1,442
Like?
Re: Scenic Areas Of Arizona & New Mexico In November?
In reply to OpticsEngineer, Oct 30, 2012

OpticsEngineer wrote:

For New Mexico, White Sands is hard to beat. For sunrise shots, arrange the day before to pay the park $50 for admission one hour before sunrise. On Sunday afternoons, there is a local character riding his camel Matilda on the dunes. The Very Large Array is near Soccorro if you like techy kinds of photos, although most people seem to like spring shots of those better with wild flowers in the foreground. (Some government administrator thought a better name than VLA was needed so he had a contest. The suggestion I liked best was the Too Big to Fail Array. But the contest was cancelled.) Great thing about November is Fall is just coming and the leaves are changing colors and have not fallen yet, at least in the mid central to south region.

White Sands was high on my list. I wanted to do night photos there but it sounds like there are
restrictions unless you set it up in advance and pay extra. I was hoping that I could park on the side of the road and access the dunes but it sounds like the dunes are far inside the park. Thanks for the tip on the leaves! I figured that the fall color had come and gone already.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow