Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thetrystero
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
GF5 or GX1?
Oct 30, 2012

I'm looking to up my photo and video quality by purchasing a m43. I have previously only ever shot with a Powershot 700 and a plethora of iOS/Android device cameras. Needless to say the video quality on those were abominable.

I'm looking to do some videos on product reviews for my YouTube channel, holiday photos with family, and occasionally some fast action sports like F1. I do like shooting at night so something that'll give me nice photos at night is a must.

What I like about the GF5: the awesome 920k LCD screen. This is the only thing that's stopping me from buying the GX1 right now. I've heard many good things about the GX1 so I was wondering if I can get similar quality on the GF5? I think I can do without the EVF and flash for now, so the absence of a hot shoe is not a biggie.

I was just wondering if the video/photo qualities are on par between the two, if so I would definitely go with the GF5.

I can get the GX1X for about AUD510 (I would've prefered the twin lens kit but can't seem to find any deals on it. I'll probably get the 20mm 1.7 at some point down the road). The GF5 is 10 bucks more so price isn't an issue (also with the PZ lens).

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GX1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow