Started Oct 29, 2012 | Questions thread
caver3d
Contributing MemberPosts: 697Gear list
Like?
Re: You made a mistake.....
In reply to tedolf, Oct 30, 2012

tedolf wrote:

ricohguy wrote:

I ordered a 14-150 for micro 4/3 today. Is the IQ ok or did I make a mistake?

it is an expensive, heavy lens. For the same price or less you could have gotten a 14mm pancake and a 40-150mm zoom. Both together lighter, faster, cheaper and better IQ. The only people who really benefit from a 10x super zoom are those who are working in environments where changing a lens is risky. TEdolph

That is very bad information you have given the OP.  And your bias is clearly showing.  I have all three lenses you mention and each has its benefits.  First of all, the 14-150mm is NOT an overly expensive, heavy lens.  Simply put, the 14-150mm is a very good lens (translation:  very good IQ), and worth the money, and easy to carry (by itself or on the camera).  In situations (and these do occur) when I have needed to travel light and have needed to react quickly to situations, the 14-150mm has been invaluable in giving me what I need in one lens for wide angle, or closeups, or whatever (rather than fumbling and switching lenses) - an excellent all-in-one lens.

The 14-150mm serves its purpose and does not deserve the pompous nonsense spouted by many of those on this forum.

caver3d

caver3d's gear list:caver3d's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow