Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Digirame
Forum ProPosts: 29,539
Like?
Show Your Snaps...October 29, 2012
Oct 30, 2012

We invite you again to show your own snapshots or even choice pictures. Remember it's all about the enjoyment of taking pictures regardless of what we have. We can learn from each other and it's fun to share too.

Even though we had mostly solid rain this past Saturday (and also Sunday), I decided to see what kind of pictures I could take. After all, with the higher ISO levels I have now with the Canon T2i (550D) camera, it could be fun even though we had lots of dark cloudy weather & rain.  My destination this time was the Oregon Zoo.

We will start a new thread for this every week now due to the popularity. I'll be sure to comment also to your images, if you choose to share. Thanks everyone for your participation.

Photo No. 1 - The lions here did not seem to mind the rain. I took this picture through a glass window.

Photo No. 2 - Outside by the entrance of the lion exhibit, I was fascinated with the sculpture of these lions.

Photo No. 3 - I took many pictures of them at different times.

Photo No. 4 - Look at the size of those teeth. The sculptor provided for us lots of detail.

Photo No. 5 - The mother lion appears to be close to the baby lions, watching them as they play.

Photo No. 6 - The lions are life-size as they appear near people.

Photo No. 7 - And again as the people begin to leave....

Photo No. 8 - After taking many different pictures at the zoo, I decided to take a few more of our trees with the autumn colors. I like this photo. In the background I noticed some fog, but in a few minutes I realized that it was actually a fine mist of rain that was coming our way. It was a special affect that couldn't be found in clear weather.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow