To Repair or Not to Repair?

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
AMM66
Regular MemberPosts: 134
Like?
Re: To Repair or Not to Repair?
In reply to brian14478, Oct 30, 2012

brian14478 wrote:

i would let it set in rice again,..thats why i mentioned try and be patient,i wish i said 'a friend had the same thing happen and gave it three weeks..and it worked..but that would be a lie.some friends years back(this is true)had their rowboat with a ton of fireworks go in the water..they were drunk and the fireworks were soaked..managed to recover most of them later on.waited till the following fourth if july and 75% of them worked..which is about how many work correctly anyway.you could try it again but give it at least a couple of weeks...do the reset ect.if it works excellent if not, only you can answer the repair issue...(christmas is comming)good luck and sorry about the camera,brian

Yes, I am probably being impatient.  I just hate being without my best camera for two or three weeks during a time of the year when there are so many great photo ops.  Since the a57 is only 4 months old I really want to save it and the lens is too expensive to lose if I can save it.  I currently have the camera & lens on the rack meant for delicate items & shoes in my dryer and have been running it on very low heat hoping to speed things up without causing other problems.  I keep checking it to be sure their not getting too got. They'll go back into the bowl of rice when bedtime rolls around.

My husband who has been in the fireworks industry for over 25 years will find you rowboat story interesting.

Angie

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow