X-Pro1/X-E1 jpg quality better than X100 and FF cameras?

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rob13
Senior MemberPosts: 1,116Gear list
Like?
Lenses?: X-Pro1/X-E1 jpg quality better than X100 and FF cameras?
In reply to chooflaki, Oct 29, 2012

I've got both the X-Pro1 and the X100.

The major difference you'll notice is the differences in image caused by the lens sharpness, contrast and how it draws.  I'll just refer to sharpness, only as I haven't noticed much differences in contrast and its difficult to compare "drawing" as the focal lengths are different.

The 35mm on the X-Pro1 is very sharp wide open at 1.4, more sharp than the X100 at f/2.

Not something that bothers me much as I don't make large prints, but it is there.

By the same token, put on the 18mm and its a bit soft in the corners, even stopped down, but quite useable.

I think when Fuji introduces the X-Pro1 23mm you'll get a better comparison of the lens differences between the X100 and X-Pro1.

Getting back to the sensors, I really haven't studied it much, but perhaps the X-Pro1 handles noise (low light + high ISO a bit better), and I'm really going out on a limb to say that so lets not stone me for that comment.

-- hide signature --

Best,
Rob
------------------------------------
R3A M7 M9 X-Pro1 E-M5 X100 DP2

Rob13's gear list:Rob13's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Samsung Galaxy S4 Sony Xperia ZR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow