Is it important to underexpose with the X-Pro1?

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Zimmer
Regular MemberPosts: 362
Like?
Is it important to underexpose with the X-Pro1?
Oct 29, 2012

I don't own an X-Pro1, but I am very interested in it, so I downloaded this app for the iPad

called: X-Pro1 Guide;

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/x-pro1-guide-en/id547461659?mt=8

It is from FUJIFILM Corporation and is essentially an overview of the X-Pro1 features by Mr.Yoichi Sone. Mr. Sone seems very knowledgeable, and his writing is certainly interesting and informative. He includes lots of his shots, with all the details (ISO, f-stop, shutter speed, exposure compensation, etc.) and includes samples with comentary from each of the available lens. In general I think it is a great way to introduce someone to the X-Pro1.

However, there is one thing that I find curious.  I noticed that almost every single shot he included used a negative exposure compensation of -1/3 to -2/3 EV.

To me, the photos didn't look underexposed, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why he would be underexposing everything.

Any ideas?

-- hide signature --

Tom Zimmer
Sony A77, A55
And my old friends - Sigma DP2, SD10, SD14

ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow