Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RodluvanII
Senior MemberPosts: 1,448Gear list
Like?
D3x does street
Oct 29, 2012

As some of you are aware of, I recently wrecked my brain in regards to whether to get a used D3x or a new D800 as I needed a second body, but more pressingly, a new camera.

I got, what I think, a great deal on a used D3x and, as everyone with new gear always says, I couldn't be happier.

But this time I really couldn't. The IQ-jump from D700 to D3x I think, is not only about pixels, but about a weaker AAF as well. The photos come out crisp like I wouldn't have thought. However that is far from all. The ergonomics of the body is smashing, what with the grip and the external buttons etc and just knowing this is the best (bar the D4) body NIkon makes. Absolutely no compromises.

Even a ridiculous thing (I thought before having tried it) as a usable DX-mode with a 7fps-speed makes it usable even for sports.

Anyway, I could go on, but here are a few photos from the weekend.

Thanks for looking.

RodluvanII's gear list:RodluvanII's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/28 ZM Carl Zeiss C Biogon T* 2,8/35 ZM +8 more
Nikon D3X Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow