RX100 DPR review samples - Studio test shot not sharp at centre, please explain.

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
YiannisPP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,621
Like?
RX100 DPR review samples - Studio test shot not sharp at centre, please explain.
Oct 29, 2012

Hi all,

I was checking the RX100 DPR review test shots and there is something strange which I would appreciate it if somebody could explain. Looking at the base ISO (80) studio test shot straight at the center, the queen of hearts card is fuzzy (unacceptably so, every other camera you compare it to is sharp there). This lens is actually very sharp in the center based on real world samples I've seen and general reports from its users.

So what is going on there?! Other elements around appear reasonably sharp, but not that card and the wall behind it.

Cannot be a focus/DOF issue as it was f6.3, right? Seems to me everything should be in sharp focus, as is with the several other cameras I've checked for this particular test shot.

Please explain why does this most basic test shot look bad right at the center.

Yiannis

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow