OK: I'm close to getting an a57. What DON'T you like about it?

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
jonous_0
Regular MemberPosts: 128Gear list
Like?
Re: OK: I'm close to getting an a57. What DON'T you like about it?
In reply to WT21, Oct 29, 2012

WT21 wrote:

OK, I'm close to pulling the trigger on an a57.

Before I do, I would like to ask a57 users -- what DON'T you like about it? My current issues are limited -- I prefer a NEX-style flip screen. I find the lens options a little limited. And I don't like the proprietary hot shoe. Also, the secondary market for alpha gear seems limited.

But, the camera itself (the most important thing!) seems like a good fit.

So, before I sell some gear and buy an a57, I was wondering what folks who have one DON'T like about it? Especially helpful is the view of Canon DSLR (Rebel or XXD body) users, as that's the DSLR I'm replacing (please no comments on the sensor -- I've got that part. More about controls, or what's missing, etc.).

Thanks a ton!

I only found out it uses the internal flash to help focus in dark instead of a dedicated assist light after i had bought it, which brought a biiiiiit of a dissapointment. But hey you can't have everything. Also i was expecting more from the EVF, it's a bit laggy at low light conditions, but then again i only plan to use it in extremely sunny conditions when i can't see the flipscreen. Other than that it's everything i wanted from a dslr!

-- hide signature --

Zenit 12 / Sigma SA-300 / Sigma SA-5 / Olympus C770UZ / Canon PowerShot A720 IS / Sony NEX-5 / Sony NEX-5N

jonous_0's gear list:jonous_0's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Olympus C-770 UZ Sony SLT-A58
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow