Help Needed - Nex-5n vs Nex-F3 or Lumix GF5 vs GX1

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
offtraildog
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
Re: Help Needed - Nex-5n vs Nex-F3 or Lumix GF5 vs GX1
In reply to newcameradude, Oct 29, 2012

When I was shopping for a camera, the primary reason to move from P&S for me was image quality.  After ruling out DSLRs due to size, I selected the 5N for a variety of reasons but #1 being the image quality is fantastic.

I do not need a bunch of lens choices .. the kit lens does a really good job for prints and viewing online.  If I shot a lot of birds, etc, I would get the 18-200 but most of my images are shot around 24 - 35mm.

There will always be the "just released" or "shipping soon" camera with seemingly more fancy/better stuff ... the 5N is a great camera and is currently available at a great price.

I did end up buying the EVF which is really helpful when manually focusing (close-ups) or in really bright sunlight but I did shoot over 1,000 pictures in a few months just using the panel.

offtraildog's gear list:offtraildog's gear list
Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow