Grip or 40MM Pancake Lens

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Questions thread
mikdes26
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
Re: I would choose grip, and this is why...
In reply to ICSAM72, Oct 29, 2012

I have what's known as "essential tremor" that makes it difficult to always hold my hands steady.  I bought the Canon grip for the 60d to help, and it has worked, especially when taking portrait-oriented photos.  The extra shutter release button helps so much.  I don't have to wrench my right hand awkwardly (for me) to take those shots.  I can just turn the camera 90 degrees and shoot with my hands in a more natural position.  I always have the grip on, even if I only have one battery in it.

The 40mm pancake is a slick little lens.  I just bought it for my son's 20d that I gave him for his 14th birthday (hand-me-down).  I think it's too close to the 50mm, though, and the 50mm is 1.8.  I considered the 40mm for me, too, but went with the 85mm 1.8 as I didn't have anything that fast at 85mm (for my daughter's basketball games).  Again, the 40mm is too close to my 50mm in focal length, so I'm passing on it...for now. 

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow