Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
painterdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,785Gear list
Like?
A possible fallacy
Oct 29, 2012

is the thought that a better camera will not make you a better photographer. I live by painting pictures..an artist ?? dunno but I do know I have sold thousands of paintings across my life time so I guess some think I am.

I have been working on a series of portraits lately for leaders of government. In portrait painting of the ilk  my clients want , accuracy is paramount. Get an eye line wrong by a few millimeters and  you have a different person staring back at you...screw up a few other lines and the painting is good for the circular files.

How do you achieve what you want in painting??? ..Opps here goes a canon to the fallacy...get good ..no the very best brushes for the job that you can get your hands on !! If you try painting with less folks ..well  its a night mare. The same holds true for all the other elements of painting ..re paints and grounds.

The POINT ?? Good materials  can make your paintings better ..and I do believe, in the same way good camera equipment can facilitate better photography  from the same photographer - if they know what they are doing.

For the basic  p&S masses who have no aspirations to do anything but snap a pickeee or two  here and there on their  vAKA...or of their darlins.... well ya  ..fergetabowdit..They are fine with their paint by numbers kits...and would be akin to monkeys on a piano if they were given an advanced DSLR.

Will better cameras make people photographers who are artistic ?? On that score .I would have to say No..never.. HOWEVER.. good equipment does give you a way better  chance of exploring or perhaps finding that artistic view ..that ..God gave..to you alone.

My two cents as I await a purchase of a better brush ..the   D800E.

all the best

and play nice

g

painterdude's gear list:painterdude's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D800E
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow