Phase Detection (View Finder focus) vs. Contrast Detection (Live View focus) in Nikon D800.

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sudarshan New Member • Posts: 4
Phase Detection (View Finder focus) vs. Contrast Detection (Live View focus) in Nikon D800.

Need your expertise!!!
I have recently got a Nikon D800 from Amazon. As most of you know, Nikon D800 exhibits left focusing issue, so I have tried a test run with Siemens Chart and the results shows it has left focusing issue. Call Amazon and ask for replacement, they send another D800 in one day and currently I am having two D800 and testing with both of them. Next copy looks little better - it can focus all the focus points perfectly. However, out of 10 shots 3 are out of focus irrespective of focus point. Now, after doing some Google, I got to know that phase detection (when camera focus using view finder) is not reliable and it is the fact of any camera and it is the technology with a limitation whereas contrast detection (when cam focuses using sensor) is more reliable. Please let me know opinion and experience.

Regards,

Sud

www.sudarshanimage.com

www.facebook.com/sudarshanimage

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow