Curious - how often do you print photos?

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chd dad
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
Curious - how often do you print photos?
Oct 29, 2012

And - do you consider that important for your photography?

Reason I am asking, I currently have several cameras and may downsize a bit.  I have two DSLR bodies (A200 and A500 so both old compared to new systems) along with 5 lenses for both.  I also have a new Oly XZ-1 from the great Amazon deal and I have an Oly E-PM1 m4/3 setup.  I am not sure I will keep the m4/3 just yet, the XZ-1 is more than meeting my needs for a compact camera so may sell off the E-PM1.

I bought a new backup drive for my system and discovered I have well over 15K photos saved on my old backup drive.  I can honestly say that I think my wife may have wanted less than 1% of those to be printed for photos and maybe another 1% for projects like gifts (mugs, calendars, etc).  The rest of my shots are just sitting there in digital suspension, possibly never viewed or used.  I admit I take a lot of shots, I took around 70 shots when we spent one day at the farm picking pumpkins and going on hay rides.  Majority of shots are my kids, I have two toddlers and a baby.  While I have lots of fun taking landscape shots, attempts at birding, and just general art shots the ones printed are always family.

So for me, shooting is more about the fun aspect of shooting and seeing what I can get.  I love looking at great photos and I like trying to take great photos.  I should probably delete the majority of my old shots, I can easily take 10 of the exact same subject with only subtle differences.  I have to think that I really dont need all that gear for the amount of printing we do so maybe I can get by with a much more streamlined setup.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus XZ-1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow