Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stelin
Regular MemberPosts: 482Gear list
Like?
Pro body vs Amateur body
Oct 29, 2012

There is often a lot of discussion as to whether the 5D series (and the 7D) are "Pro" bodies or not.

Another way of looking at it is that a "Pro"body is anything used by someone that sells their images. As I do not make a living from photography, I would therefore classify my 1DMkIV as an amateur body whereas the 10D used by a photographer a few years ago to take an excellent shoot of a large family function was undoubtedly professional.

If an image is taken and especially sold by someone making their living from photography, it is a professional image regardless of how poor one may or may not think it is, if by someone such as myself, irrespective of the quality, it is an amateur one.

If any particular body has the features and facilities that you want whether or not you sell or don't sell your images, then it is the right body for you.

Personally I don't care what the equipment was or who used it, or indeed how much influence Photoshop had in the result, it is generally only the final image that is of any relevance (unless it is journalistic or violates competition rules), and how it is classified is immaterial.

Steven

-- hide signature --

Gallery - www.pbase.com/stelin29
Equipment List on Profile

stelin's gear list:stelin's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +15 more
Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow