Other Systems dream of this performance at f/5.6 - but at f/2.0?

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Timskis6
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,562
Like?
35-100 and 70-200
In reply to philosomatographer, Oct 29, 2012

The 35-100 was my work horse portrait lense for 2-3 years. It performed excellently on my E-3 and was worth every penny I paid for it

I do believe 4/3 excels in both edge/corner sharpness and vignetting as well, and the 35-100 is a great example of this. Edge performance is excellent and much better than my 70-200mkI for Nikon. But in reality it just doesn't matter that much, especially for portrait photography, what these lenses were designed for.

Optically speaking, the 35-100 (quite an old design) competes nicely even with Nikon's newer 70-200mkII. Sharpness is top notch and edge/corner performance is excellent too. Quite a feat for an older lense.

I think if you want to tout the sharpness performance of the 35-100 you have every right to do so, but remember lense sharpness is just one factor for overall image detail/resolution, which for many people is more important or more relevant, not to mention overall system performance.

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Tim
www.developemotion.com
'I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list.'
E3/7-14/12-60/35-100/150/EC20
http://www.flickr.com/photos/timskis6/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OnusNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow