Flat view
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,773Gear list
Like?
Richard Day - RIP
Oct 29, 2012

Just read the sad news at the pdml

Godfrey DiGeorgi wrote this about RD, not me:

Some others on the PDML might recall Richard Day, whom I met in early 2005 on the DPReview Pentax SLR forum. Several of us visited with Richard and his wife Pat on a PDML get together in Oxford during the Spring of 2005. I've visited Richard and Pat a few times since then when on my travels to the British Isles, and we've stayed in frequent touch via email and letter. Richard's not been well the past couple of years and knew his time was coming. He wrote me this past July to say farewell as he didn't know whether he would make the year out or be able to communicate much further. He's been in hospice for several weeks now. This morning I received this note from a mutual friend of ours from London: > Sad to report that Richard died at 1.30 am today, local time. The final decline was very rapid but he was not in pain for long. I think he knew when I last saw him that he’d never make it home, but the hospice he was in was brilliant and they gave him fantastic care. > > Pat would like any donations to go to the Sue Ryder organisation who run this and other hospices. > > http://www.sueryder.org/What-we-do/Care-centres/Leckhampton-Court-Hospice Richard is survived by his wife, Pat, and by his sons and their families. All fine people whom I have been honored to spend time with. He was a great enthusiast for Pentax cameras and loved the pursuit of Photography in all its forms.

Godspeed, Richard, you will be missed.

Godfrey

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow