Need Some Help Please with Hockey/Ringette Photos

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
gordonkim
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
Re: Need Some Help Please with Hockey/Ringette Photos
In reply to Doucer, Oct 29, 2012

I understand your pain...  The lighting in hockey rinks are poor at best and differs from rink to rink.  I gave up on my D7K and upgraded to D600 so I could should at higher ISO without the grain.  PP is par for the course I'm afraid.  My challenge is my son's team is a bunch of 8 year olds  playing rep hockey and trying to shoot below 1/500th is too slow of a shutter speed.  I have to shoot at a min 1/800 to avoid the blur of their shots.

The metering makes sense.  I've typically left mine on Matrix but will try spot or centre weighted to see if it will make a difference with the images looking grey.  Moving the exposure 1 stop to offset the grey's slowed the shutter speed down...  Still trying to get familiar with the capabilities of the camera but so far I've been impressed with it.

I won't be able to get away from PP when taking pics of my son so the goal for me is to reduce the amount of PP...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow