Like?
Re: What are good lenses for SLT newbie
In reply to Frenske, Oct 29, 2012

Frenske wrote:

Sam_Oslo wrote:

ET2 wrote:

Frenske wrote:

Sony 35mm f1.4

that lens is overpriced and doesn't even get good reviews.

Besides, read the OP. The OP specifically listed the price range.

Yep, Sony 35mm f1.4 is really expensive, specially compared to the price of Sony 35mm f1.8 and 50mm f1.4.

I'm very happy with with my Sony 35mm f1.8. It's a really nice lens for the price. But I like my Sony 50mm f1.4 even more, and use it more too.

Sony 50mm f1.4 would make a great portrait lens on A77, and the price is not too high either.

Oops of course I meant the f1.8 and not the f1.4. It is only £750 difference for a bigger f0.4 hole in the lens.

-- hide signature --

I see , yeah, Sony 35 f/1.8 is a great lens for the price, but I believe there is more than f0.4 hole difference between them.

I've used both Sony 35mm f/1.8 and Sony 50mm f/1.4, and can see a big jump in Optic and Image Quality of f1.4.

I've never tried the Sony 35mm f/1.4, but I bet it has a much better Opric and Image quality (compared to 35mm f/1.8), and I think that's the main raseon for the big price diffrence too.

Sam_Oslo's gear list:Sam_Oslo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 20mm F2.8 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow