Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jonnie burtoft
Regular MemberPosts: 472
Like?
X-pro1 auto iso in shutter priority
Oct 29, 2012

Hi, i have been shooting with the x-pro1 now for about 3 weeks, i enjoy using the camera immensely, it has taken a while to get used to it.

I have heard a lot of issues about the camera with one issue being the slow shutter speeds in aperture priority and auto iso, this weekend i completed a couple of photo shoots where i needed auto iso but also needed a higher shutter speed than the camera chooses in order to minimise motion blur, so i put the camera into shutter priority and selected 125th sec and auto iso 3200, i found that this worked really well and in many situations the camera chose to shoot at the widest aperture and lowest iso available to achieve the shutter speed thus negating the need for aperture priority. In my mind i will always use the shutter priority from now on and for me is a great way to achieve auto iso with a shutter speed that is not too low. In the meantime it would be nice for fuji to sort out the minimum shutter when shooting in aperture priority/ auto iso but for me this is no longer the big issue it once was.

Sorry if this work around has been done to death on the forum, i did do a quick search but found nothing similar so i thought i'd share my thoughts.

Cheers Jonnie

Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow