Beginner tips for post processing?

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
camrnw
Regular MemberPosts: 175Gear list
Like?
Example
In reply to papillon_65, Oct 29, 2012

papillon_65 wrote:

The easiest way to do that would be to use Olympus viewer, which will give you the exact same result as your camera, then export the resulting file as a tiff to whatever software you normally use.

That sounds a bit tediousĀ 

Not sure what you are trying to save without seeing any examples? bright lights blow out, there isn't much you can do about it with any camera.

Here's an example of what I mean. I took this shot recently and it illustrates the problem I'm talking about. They're both screenshots from Lightroom - on the left is how the JPG looks (shot on vivid color setting with my E-M5), and on the right is the untouched ORF file. As you can see from the close-up, neon lights look far different, as do the halos/glow surrounding bright lights (bluer and more visible in RAW), as well as contrast.

Thoughts on how to correct the ORF?

camrnw's gear list:camrnw's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E2 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow