X-Rite i1Pro with RGB printer licence still worth buying?

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fullcolor
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
X-Rite i1Pro with RGB printer licence still worth buying?
Oct 29, 2012

Hi there,

I´m just new to this forum and have seen there are also many people that work with X-Rite i1Pro devices here.

I´ve seen there is a used i1Pro with activated RGB printer licence on ebay:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/X-Rite-Gretag-Macbeth-Eye-One-i1-Pro-Spektralfotometer-mit-RGB-Druckerlizenz-/170932488448?pt=Farbmessung_Pr%C3%BCfger%C3%A4te&hash=item27cc5ec900

I´ve seen there is a new Version 2, but the price is to high for me. I´ve found some information that the included software is able to produce profiles from testcharts up to >900 patches. Is that enough? There were also threads about tricks to profile from much more patches (Bill Atkinson chart).
Other solutions at that price tag make less patches and a Colorvision SpyderPrint is only a colorimeter.
That device is REV B. I found that REV B is as twice as fast as the older REV A. What is the difference to REV C and D? Only information I found is that REV C is labled as X-RITE (not Gretag Macbeth any more) and that REV D is ROHS manufacturing process. Is that all?

The price is somewhat high but I´ve seen no other devices with the included RGB printer licence, so these are worth nothing to me since I already have an i1Display pro for my display. There seems also no possibility to upgrade the licence these days, right? The only way is to upgrade to the new V2 which is also quite expensive.
I´d like to do profiles for my Epson 3880. Anyone has experince with the quality of the profiles?

What do you think? Is the device worth the money?
 Frank.

Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow